- only 27.5% of surveyed stores had stoppers promoting new product launch
- 10% of stores with stopper ads did not carry the advertised products in store
UNCLE TOBYS® has been feverishly promoting its 12 Bars Value Pack.
- 70% of audited stores do not have stoppers highlighting the value pack
- 100% of stores with stoppers matching with product availability (minimum 1 SKU)
Despite 100% of the audited stores accompanying their stopper ads with the value packs nearby, Uncle Toby should hardly be rejoicing.
After all, only 30% of inspected stores even had UNCLE TOBYS® stoppers on display at all. This low visibility means missed squandered sales opportunities.TINY TEDDY ARNOTTS® activated a three-flavour, 15-bag Value Pack promotion.
- 79.3% of surveyed stores had stoppers communicating the value pack promotion
- but 17.3% of stores did not have the products advertised on the stopper ads
Being the leading company in the category, Arnott sales directors likely ensure superior execution at point-of-sale. Their snacks may be tiny, but their massive, eye-popping displays more than make up for Teddy’s stature.
What We Learned:
Based on the data from these three missions, Aglo’s team found that each stopper campaign faced unique challenges. Multiple opportunities for optimisation were discovered for each brand to improve their use and implementation of stopper ads.
For UP&GO™, retail managers were reminded to do their due diligence, and ensure their plans are being realised. In the case of UNCLE TOBYS® we learned that a stopper ad campaign is only as strong as its weakest links.
While Tiny Teddy certainly encountered the most success, the multiple stores lacking display and shelf alignment serve as newfound focal points for field sales managers to hone in on.
After all, customers at the point-of-sale are those most keen to purchase. When stoppers are effective, those “red lights” can turn pockets green in no time.
The results might not be what your sales director wants to hear, but receiving actionable insights will ultimately lead to your customers seeing what they want to see.
To see the full collection of store images, subscribe to Aglo Community Galleries.
Aglo Community Galleries
Community Galleries is an industry database containing thousands of photos of in-store photos captured in retailers across Australia.
- Australia’s largest repository of store photos
- Crowdsourced & updated daily by shoppers
- Search/Filter by region & store easily